About The Modern Millennial
This is a an adventure in business.
It's an experiment to build something cool, unique, and meaningful.
👋 I'm Robert:
- My dream is to be a professional writer and build a business – with a team.
- I love helping people grow, glow, and shine.
- I want share valuable content and quality products.
- Using great technology makes me happy.
- I want to make the world a better place.
It's a lifestyle brand. The Modern Millennial. ModMil for short.
A place where people find great articles and interesting stuff that matters. They connect, collaborate, and find products to makes their lives better.
Solving Some Real Problems
- Whenever you search for something online, ever notice how there's a ton of irrelevant shit? Marketing crap? Clickbait? Let's fix that.
- There's a too much waste and our earth is dying. Maybe we can promote sustainable products, brands, or organizations that improve that?
- What about the pain and suffering in the world? Social injustice, poverty, corruption, waste. What if we tried to change it?
My vision is that it grows so big I can leave my 9-5 and focus on it full-time. It won't be easy, but I'm willing to fight for it.
- I've setup some initial partnerships with sustainable brands. ModMil get's a small cut of anything purchased through the site. It's keeps the lights on and supports growing brands.
- I also plan to develop and sell products. Maybe some eco-friendly skincare and wellness items. Perhaps we create digital products like e-books, mental health tools, sustainability guides, or resources people use for empowerment.
- For the past 2 months I've spent my nights and weekend on research, business development, and writing articles.
- I've ordered product samples and setup partnerships with eco-friendly vendors. I've build out some tech and business tools for growth.
- I even talked my husbamd into helping with the logo and design elements.
And I tested a few content management platforms:
- Zoho has awesome features and it's really fast (very well built), but it's lacking in design capabilities.
- Squarespace is a clunky piece of capitalistic dog shit. They can go straight to hell.
- Wix was a great start, but it's really slow. After a bug in their software broke the ModMil site they treated me poorly. I paid for a year and had to fire them. They refused to refund the $150 I paid up front. #fuckwix 🖕
- Wordpress was happening... 10 years ago. It has major security flaws, and breaks down at the drop of a hat. It's a dying technology.
- Then I found Ghost.io – It's a non-profit, really fast, and built on powerful, clean technology standards. Their support team is beyond amazing. I may need a little help with the coding stuff though.
Wanna Get Involved?
ModMil needs experts to create content, develop products, conduct research, configure technology, generate value, and help grow this puppy into a powerhouse.
If you have ideas, want to offer feedback, or join the team, let's chat.